The TM-2X Stereo XY Condenser DSLR Microphone from Tascam is designed to record stereo audio directly to your DSLR camera’s microphone input. It can be mounted directly on your camera’s hot shoe mount and is capable of being swiveled 180-degrees. The TM-2X has two switchable sensitivities, allowing it to work with a range of cameras. As it is powered by plug-in power from your camera, it requires no external batteries for operation.
A low-cut filter at 130Hz allows you to eliminate low-frequency rumble while the included noise isolation arm helps prevent the mic from picking up mechanical noise from your DSLR. For outdoor filming, a fur windscreen is included to help reduce wind noise. The TM-2X can handle SPL up to 120dB, allowing it to be used on a variety of sources.
- Can be mounted directly to the camera accessory shoe and swiveled by 180 degrees to capture sound sources in front or behind the user
- Tripod attachment screw-hole (1/4-inch) allows for an optional tripod to place the microphone apart from the camera
- XY orientation for stereo definition and minimal phase differences
- Accepts sound pressure levels up to 125 dB SPL
- Switchable input sensitivity for functionality with most camera models
- Switchable low-cut filter to minimize unwanted low-frequency noise
- Operates with plug-in power from your camera – no battery required
- Included noise isolation arm reduces possible noise being recorded from the camera’s lens or stabilizer mechanisms
- Included fur windscreen reduces wind and environmental noise