For filmmaking, television, and web broadcast applications, the Tascam DR-60DmkII multitrack field recorder is an ideal companion for your DSLR. Capture up to four tracks of high-resolution audio from external sources, route audio to and from your camera, and conveniently monitor through headphones. With strap-friendly handles, a tripod mounting socket, and a camera-mount screw attachment, the DR-60DmkII is compatible with a variety of setups and working styles.
Versatile powering methods and remote-control options make the DR-60DmkII ideal for location recording and extended video shoots. Its two balanced XLR-1/4″ combo inputs handle mic- or line-level signals (even +4 dBu from high-end sound mixers) and can independently supply phantom power. A 3.5mm mic/line input with selectable plug-in power is provided for situations that require you to record a lavalier microphone or the output of a wireless receiver. Utilize modes such as stereo safety track recording, peak reduction, limiting, and auto level to achieve a clean, undistorted recording.
Dual XLR-1/4″ Mic/Line Inputs with Independent Phantom Power
3.5mm Mic/Line Input with Plug-In Power
3.5mm Camera, Line, and Headphone Outputs
Supports SDHC Cards up to 32GB
Powered via AA Batteries, USB, or AC Adapter
Ideal for Tripod- or Camera-Mounted Use
The DR-60DmkII’s body was manufactured with rigid plastic for a durable and lightweight design. In addition to its light weight, the DR-60DmkII is only 5.25″ wide, so it won’t interfere with camera operation. All batteries can be replaced without removing the device from the camera or tripod/rig.
The DR-60DmkII can be placed between a DSLR camera and a tripod, or mounted to a cage or follow-focus rig. A tripod socket is on the bottom of the unit, and a removable tripod bracket is mounted on the top. Also, handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen, and permit the attachment of a shoulder belt.
Stereo Safety Track Recording
Built-In Level Modes and Signal Processing Enhance Audio Quality
Enhance the sonic impact of your audio with the DR-60DmkII’s built-in level modes and signal processing. Engage automatic level control to increase or decrease the recording volume when the input sound is too quiet or loud, and switch on the limiter to compress the signal before it reaches the point of distortion. In rehearsal mode or while recording, the peak reduction function automatically reduces the input gain to a suitable level.
Mitigate wind noise and low-frequency rumble by selecting the low-cut filter, which can be set at 40, 80, or 120 Hz. Upon playback, treble, mid, and bass frequencies may be boosted or reduced for custom output tone.
Selectable Recording Functions
Tone Generator for Synchronizing Files
Supports External Remote Control
- 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- Quick menu button for easy access to various functions
- Simple, efficient file transfer via USB 2.0 connection to a computer
- Adjustable delay function eliminates time lags caused by differences in the distances of two sets of inputs from the sound source
- Hold switch prevents accidental operation
- Internal mixer with pan and level controls
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- High-power headphone amplifier delivers 50mW per channel
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- File divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-60DmkII is powered off/on
- Jump-back-and-play feature (1 to 10 seconds or 10/20/30 seconds)
- Up to 99 marks (locate points) per track
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely